Sunday, June 20, 2021

Oh, Sweetie...You Don't Have Anything To Frown About


This has been a topic to debate about lately on social media, about how much women actually hate it when people, especially men, tell them that they should smile more or that they should just be smilin' in general. And I get it, there's nothing more annoying to be in a junky mood and have some person (for me it doesn't matter who tells me, man or woman, or any other respective gender) come over to me and tell me I should smile more, or that more bees are attracted to honey, or some silly junk like that, but we really do have to think about the source of this comment. Because I know if I would happen to say this to someone, I'm not sayin' that they should disregard how they're feelin' at that moment, because we should always let our emotions run their course (because that's how resentments and bad ju-ju starts), I'm just tryin' to tell them that they are a wonderful person and have many blessings in their life (and I'm one of them! ;) and that I love them no matter how they are feelin' at the moment. So I guess this would only work if I know the person well, so I guess what I'm sayin' is don't tell a stranger, man or female, or any other respective gender, to smile just because their mood is makin' you feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, just lettin' a person be is the best thing for them and eventually they might just flash you that smile you wanted so bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment