Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Dont' Worry...I Have Perfect Balance


A post on my other blog made me think about the two poems in the movie Pump Up The Volume from the Eat Me Beat Me Lady and I just had to share them. It took me a little time to find them because I had trouble searchin' them for some reason, but I finally did find them. Now, as to modern poetry, these two poems, one of which I share here are great examples of modern poetry. Whoever wrote these for the movie, I'd love to read more of their stuff. I'd be a puddle every time...ooey gooey in their hands...willin' and unable to resist...mmmm...

Poem I

Come in.
Every night you enter me like a criminal.
You break into my brain, but you're no ordinary criminal.
You put your feet up, you pop a Pepsi.
You start to party; you turn up my stereo.
Songs I've never heard, but I move anyway.
You get me crazy, I say “Do it!”
I don't care what, just do it!
Jam me, jack me, push me, pull me—talk hard!

~ Eat Me Beat Me Lady from Pump Up The Volume

No comments:

Post a Comment